Saturday 28 December 2019

The Loveliness of God

"14 And the Word became Flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."                                     John 1:1-14.  NKJV

Some people find it difficult to believe that God came down to earth in human form - as a person. It was no different then. John writes in John 1:11 'He came to His own and His own did not receive Him.' The Jews had been waiting for a Messiah but when He came to them, they refused to accept Him. He didn't fit into the mould that they were expecting; so they missed out on this blessing.

John writes that He came among us and we beheld His grace and truth. Let us check out these two words:

GRACE - this has two components to it:
Firstly, it means unmerited or undeserved favour. 
Secondly, in the Greek, the word grace means 'Charm,' it describes the idea of beauty - the loveliness of God. Many thought at the time and some still do, that God is mighty in power - which He is, but they interpreted it that He is unapproachable. Jesus came to us, as God in human form, to show us the sheer loveliness of God. If you haven't found this out yet, spend more time with Him, totally trusting Him for everything.

TRUTH - unlike most preachers and evangelists today, Jesus didn't come to 'talk about God;' He came to show us what God is like and there is a difference. The world needs preachers and evangelists, this is true: 

 'How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?'   Romans 10:14

People need to hear about Jesus and accept Him as their Lord and Saviour so that they can have eternal life; but more importantly to them, they need to know what He can do in their lives NOW! Many are totally desperate and are yearning for love and someone who can help them in their circumstances today; and this is why Jesus concentrated on showing them what God is like.
The truth makes us free John 8:32; but also, the truth can be disbelieved John 1:5. He came as a light shining in the darkness but people wouldn't accept Him but for all that did and still do, He gave them the right to be Children of God John 1:12.

One thing is for sure, we need to be filled with gratitude to Jesus for giving us this second chance in our lives. Life without Him would be unbearable. He has done it all for us - provided love, hope, provision, health, life, blessing, families and friends, homes, security and much more; and what's more, He has even more to give us; much more to offer us and much more to show us. 

Why not join me in this prayer:

'Jesus, what can I say except thank you. Words fail me as I consider your love and faithfulness; as I think of all you have done for me and given me. I just want to praise and thank you for everything in my life because I know that You are in control of everything, whatever that may be. Jesus help me to get to know You much more as I yield to You right now. I come to You and give You my life, my love and all that I have. I confess anything that remains unforgiven in my life and I accept You as my Friend, my Lord and my Saviour.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.'

Copyright 2019 Grahame Howard

dailylifewithjesus@protonmail.com










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...