Saturday 28 March 2020

Jesus' love for you


20“I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
22“I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. 23I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me. 24Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began!
25“O righteous Father, the world doesn’t know you, but I do; and these disciples know you sent me. 26I have revealed you to them, and I will continue to do so. Then your love for me will be in them, and I will be in them.”
                                                                                  John 17:20-26.  NLT

It does the heart good at times, to just sit and realise, how much Jesus loves each one of us. Here in John 17, Jesus prays for Himself, for His disciples and then, as we see above, for us. Note the highlight in verse 23; God loves each one of us as much as He does Jesus. That is an astounding verse and, at first glance, is difficult to comprehend. Just stop for a moment and let that sink in. Say to yourself, 'God - the Almighty God; El Shaddai, loves me just as much as He loves Jesus.' Meditate on this and let it be part of your worship today. God loves you as much as His Beloved Son Jesus.

You may be feeling unloved at this moment in time. You may have been rejected or cast aside; but that will not stop God loving you as much as He does Jesus. You may be worried about finance, about your job, your livelihood but it will not stop God loving you as much as He does Jesus. In fact, think about it, if He loves you that much, is He likely to let you down? Never; He just couldn't because you are loved.

Jesus has given each one of us His glory. We are one with Jesus and the Father. Jesus is our Saviour and has given us the Holy Spirit who dwells within us in power. Such power can never be diminished. We can be knocked down but we get back up. We can be robbed, kicked, hurt, mistreated and abused. But we get back up. Why? because we're fighters. We never give up because the King of all kings is right beside us; God loves us as He does Jesus and the Holy Spirit is resident in our hearts. What else do we need?

Give God a shout!

Copyright 2020 Grahame Howard


dailylifewithjesus@hotmail.com










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...