Wednesday 25 March 2020

Things will get better

" 21 But after a long abstinence from food, then Paul stood in the midst of them and said, 'Men, you should have listened to me, and not have sailed from Crete and incurred this disaster and loss. 22 And now I urge you to take heart for there will be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship. 23 For there stood by me this night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve, 24 saying, 'Do not be afraid, Paul, you must be brought before Caesar, and indeed God has granted you all those who sail with you.' 25 Therefore, take heart, men for I believe God that it will be just as it was told me. 26 However, we must run aground on a certain island."
                                                                          Acts 27 21-26.  NKJV

The Apostle Paul was on board ship to see Caesar in Rome, when they run into a tempest. Paul had warned the crew that he had a bad feeling about the trip and advised them not to sail, but they had disregarded his concerns. Therefore, they became fearful as they entered the tempest and the boat began to sink. Paul spoke with them and encouraged them not to fear. Everything would be all right. However, they would run aground.

The world is in a state of emergency today where many countries are now on lockdown and people have been confined to their homes. It's a frightening time for many. In today's terms, we have run aground and urgent action has to be taken so that we can survive. However, allow me to encourage you. Like Paul said here, please be encouraged that, even though we are going through this time of severe uncertainty, we are not lost. Jesus knows where we are and is watching over us. Even though we have run aground - in lockdown - if we do what we have been advised, all will be ok.

God is not worried. His word still tells us not to be afraid, or to worry. He is still telling us to be at peace. (John 14). It is a time when we need to take on board His Word to us:

"Be still, and know that I AM God; I will be exalted among the nations , I will be exalted in the earth."
                                                                        Psalm 46:10.  NKJV

If there is anything that you can do to change the situation that we are in, then go ahead and do it. But, you have to admit, there is nothing we can do - except rely on the Word of God. There has never been a time in our generation when we need Jesus more than now. He is calling out to the nations, offering Himself to us.

At this time, the only thing that you can do is pray and then commit yourself to Jesus:

'Lord Jesus, this is a scary time that I am going through. I can do nothing to change it, except call on You to help me and my loved ones. I give myself to You this day. I surrender to You and ask that You will show us all mercy. Jesus forgive my sins, live in my heart and be my Lord and Saviour from this day. I give myself to You.
Today Lord, I will be still and know that You are God and that you will glory the Name of Jesus throughout this world..  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Copyright 2020 Grahame Howard







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...