Saturday 18 April 2020

Is God in charge of your life?

"(14) But I am trusting in You, O LORD, saying, 'You are My God! (15) My future is in Your hands."                                                               Psalm 31:14-15.  NLT

Did you get that last bit? Your future is in God's hand. But only if you put it there. If you're 100% confident that you can provide a better future for yourself without God, then go ahead and do it. You may be successful. You may make more money than you've ever dreamed about. Your success and honour may be toasted wherever you go and onlookers may envy you. But will you be happy? Possibly you may be; I mean, you will have everything that you've ever wanted; your future will be bright - or will it? What if you were all of a sudden made penniless through a bad business deal? Or what if you were to become seriously ill and have only a short time to live. Would you still be content and happy? Would your future look bright then?

Life can be unpredictable. Some people may live to a grand old age and enjoy every moment of it. Others may have a short life. We never know; life can be taken from us in the blink of an eye.. This is why we need to have a future. We need to know that if we were to die today, we would know where we're going.

Many people may say that after our life is over, that is it. It is finished. It's the end, there is nothing else. But God's Word tells us differently. After death we will all have to stand before the throne of God and give an account of our lives. If anyone's name is not written in the book of life, they will be cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:15). If we know Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, we will spend eternity with Him in Heaven. If we don't, there is eternity in hell. We have a choice and God is giving us enough of them too.

Spurgeon says:

“If we believe that all our times are in God’s hand, we shall be expecting great things from our heavenly Father. When we get into a difficulty we shall say, ‘I am now going to see the wonders of God, and to learn again how surely he delivers them that trust in him.’” (Spurgeon)

God wants to give us great things in this life. He wants us to have a future - with Him. When God is our future we know where we're going; we know that whatever happens, God is in control and He will take care of everything for us. And let's face it, in this day of uncertainty with the Coronavirus, it is good to know that He has our back; that if anything was to happen to us, we will spend eternity with Him - we know where we're going because our insurance premiums are all paid up in Jesus. 

The only thing that is certain in life is we know that one day, we will die. We can't change that. However, we can change where we will spend eternity. You can gamble with your life if you choose to but if the bet goes wrong, and you end up in hell, there will be no second chance. We have a choice to make about our future. What will you choose? If it is Jesus and eternal life with Him, say this prayer. If not, that is your choice.

Lord Jesus
I give You my life now and ask that You will forgive me for all the sin that I have committed. I'm sorry Lord. I ask You to be My Lord and Saviour, that I may have a future and a hope. Please fill me with Your Spirit and help me to live my life for You from this day forward. In Jesus' Name. Amen

If you've said this prayer, you now have a great future with Jesus. Please let me know by emailing me.

Copyright 2020 Grahame Howard























No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...