Friday 29 May 2020

Psalm 139 Part 4

'(13) For You formed my inward parts ; You covered me in my mother's womb. (14) I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvellous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. (15) My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skilfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. (16) Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they were all written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them."
                                                                                          Psalm 139:13-16.  NKJV

God saw David at conception. He was forming David little by little the same as he did us and other people. Here David is saying that God formed his inner organs by knitting him or weaving him together in the womb.

Each of us began life this way where at conception, God began the process of weaving us into human beings by the formation of human cells over an eight week period, which is called an embryo. God Himself maintains the development of human life from the very beginning. This is why, no one has the right to take a human life, by way of an abortion. It is wrong.

However, there may be a time when it seems the right way forward to abort because to continue with the birth, it could lead to loss of life or serious damage to the mother. There may be other medical reasons. However, it should be to a minimum. We are not here to judge one way or another, but we must honour life as precious, especially to God who has been there all the way through. It really is a contentious subject but really, life is life.

Life must be the greatest of gifts because without it, we have nothing. That is obvious. But to some, life means little as can be seen in world events such as terrorism, murder and other such terrible atrocities. Adding abortion to this list adds to the heartache that God feels. 

Here in this Psalm, David praises God for the miracle of life and lets him know how grateful he is. Once life has ended here on earth, we can do no more. We can take nothing with us. While we're here, we need to leave a legacy of love - a witness of a life lived for Jesus.

It's worth asking yourself, 'What have I achieved in my life? Has my life been beneficial to others? Have I pleased God? Could I do more? It's always helpful to do an appraisal of yourself - a self analysis, because there is aways room for improvement. God's not finished with you yet so why not ask Him if He is pleased with you? You may be pleasantly surprised. Then again, you may receive the encouragement to change a few things.

Copyright 2020 Grahame Howard















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...