Friday 2 October 2020

Why did you give up?

"You were running the race so well. Who has held you back from following the truth? (8) It certainly isn't God, for He is the one who called you to freedom." 
                                                                                                               Galatians 5:7-8.  NLT

Things can be going so well at home, in a job or even at school when, all of a sudden something happens to bring about a great change. Something or someone comes along and causes a hindrance and it can completely obstruct our way forward, that we feel like giving up. Has this happened to you? This is not the time to give up; it is the time when we should stand up to the situation and when we've done all we can, keep standing. (Ephesians 6:13).

Things come along in life that are sent to 'floor' us. It can be intimidation; someone can take away all of our confidence that we feel inadequate and unable to perform well. Intimidation robs our faith - our very will-power and renders us deactivated.

We may feel that someone is more educated and eloquent than us, and if we allow ourselves to be affected by this, we feel unable to function properly. Hindrances can delay our progress. I can remember years ago, when I went to interview for a place in university. As I sat before the faculty, their academical skills and their line of questioning became quite daunting and could have affected my responses to their comments, if I had allowed it to, which I didn't. But it was only by the grace of God that I could do it and secure a place there.

And this is the bottom line - God. You may have been running so well in your Christian life, but all of sudden you have come up against a hindrance. This may seem like a mountain, but as Christians, we're mountain climbers aren't we? It may also feel like we have come against a giant, but that's not a problem either, because in Jesus, we're giant killers. Nothing can stop us - only ourselves.

When we allow intimidation or any kind of hindrance to come upon us, it is like we are allowing these to chain us up. But as Christians, we don't do chains! The only chains we allow are the ones's with a cross that fit around our neck. Other chains fall off in the name of Jesus. (Acts 16:26).

God is speaking to you right now. You may feel inadequate, intimidated or just worn out with trying to do your best. Firstly, your best is good enough, receive that. Now get back up, praise God and ask Him to give you a fresh anointing. It's not over yet so don't give up.

'Lord Jesus, I have felt so intimidated just lately; my confidence is spent. I feel like I'm a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. But I come to You right now an ask You, by Your grace, to re-charge me with the energy of the Holy Spirit; so that I may get back on the road to serving You every day of my life. Thank you. In Jesus' name. Amen

                                                                      



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...