Sunday 15 November 2020

Time to re-evaluate

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only deceiving yourself." 
                                                                                                         James 1:22   NKJV

I believe God is calling His people to re-evaluate their walk with Him. He is looking for people who will not only hear the word, but do it. In fact, people who will live the word. So therefore, it is time to look at ourselves and determine where we could improve our daily lives.

It is time to take a good look at ourselves. God wants to pinpoint areas that need tweaking; those areas where we continue to fail in - those areas where we let Him and ourselves down. To be truthful, God wants to do an appraisal on us all. An appraisal is an assessment or estimation of the worth, value or quality of a person or thing. It's a performance related exercise that many work places carry out on their staff annually to look at their strengths and weaknesses. The difference between an employer carrying out an appraisal and God carrying one out, is that God is wanting to highlight certain areas that would do better with change and He is willing to do it with us. He seriously wants us to succeed and will do all He can to make this happen. An employer may penalise an employee for a bad assessment but God is different. He will bless the areas we are doing well with and will take our hand and help us through the areas we fall down on. We will never be penalised.

Take a look at your self. What is your strengths and what are your weaknesses? It's a good exercise to write these down, prayerfully, so that you can identify changes that need to be made. It's an exercise where we need to be brutally honest because this is the only way that we will make progress. Where could you make some improvements and what really needs discarding in your life?

Ask yourself two questions:

*  How would I describe myself?
*  Do I like myself?

You may discover that you have a low self-image, a low self-esteem and this is an area that will need some work on. If you feel this way, why do you feel like this? Can you do anything to improve this?

This exercise could be carried out with another person, but in my opinion, it is far better to carry this out in privacy. It's personal. God is the only one that needs to know about these issues. 

It is always helpful to take a look at ourselves and clearing out things can bring a great relief. Why not say this prayer with me:

Lord Jesus, I don't just want to hear what you're saying - I want to live it. Help me to evaluate my whole life and walk with You and discard the things that are causing me problems and build upon the areas where I am good at. Help me to bring glory to Your name O Lord and help me to make my life count for You.  In Jesus' Name, Amen. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...