Tuesday 27 July 2021

God was and will be there, if you ask Him

"'If it had not been the LORD who was on our side', let Israel now say - 2 'If it had not been the LORD  who was on our side, when men rose up against us, 3 then they would have swallowed us alive when their wrath was kindled against us.'"    
                                                                                                    Psalm 124:1 - 3      NKJV


From David's word's here, there are three statements that we can paraphrase:

'If you hadn't'
David was quite simply saying that, he wouldn't have made it if God hadn't intervened. It was a similar statement that he made in Psalm 27:13. Here, paraphrased, he is saying, 'You were there Lord, You took me through a way that I hadn't seen before, there was no way that I could see. No one could have helped me through this; it was like, You looked at me, put out Your hand and pulled me to safety.'
Think about such times that you have been through, where there appeared no way out. You were trapped and sinking. Suddenly God was there and made a way through the mess. 
'If you would'
David had called upon His God and His God - His Father God had helped Him, and He will you too if you ask Him to. Just think about it, there are angels all around you, just watching and waiting - ready to help. However, they can't intervene until you call on God and He gives the command, 'ANGEL'S GO'. And no one wants to get in the way of angels on a mission from God. 
But, you must call on Him, 'For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.' Romans 10:13. If you don't call on Him, He cannot help you.
If only you would ask'
Finally, we come to the third statement - 'If only you would ask'. You may have seen God's hand at work and you may have been amazed at what He does and has done. However, up to now, you have avoided asking Him to be your Lord and Saviour. 'It's a private thing,' you may say, or, 'I'll ask when I'm older.' The answer to these statements are, it is not a private thing, it is a matter life or death thing - eternal life or eternal damnation. It is a choice. The thing is, it is not so much about where you will eventually end up - Heaven or hell; but what Jesus can do in your life right now. He wants to fill your life with happiness and joy and He wants to bless you. You need to try it for yourself to get the picture. Be warned, it is not an easy life because all of a sudden, the devil, who hasn't had to worry about you, becomes worried because you now belong to Jesus and he is not happy about that. He will do all he can to get you to change your mind.
However, there is no better life; Jesus can be trusted and He is longing for you to come to Him right now.

Lord Jesus, I ask You to forgive me for the sin in my life. I am sorry Lord. Please come and live in my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and be, my Lord, Saviour and my friend today.
In Jesus' Name. Amen








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...