Monday 5 July 2021

Walk in the favour of God

"For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; with favour You will surround him as with a shield."                                                                                               Psalm 5:12    NKJV 


There it is again - the Shield. This time David is talking of a Shield of Favour. What actually is favour? It can be defined as, pleasure, desire, delight, grace and hesed. Those who take refuge in God and His favour, will be glad and sing for joy.

A regular example of favour in practice is asking God to find you a parking space. You may laugh, but it is true. He cares enough even for this. Many is the time I have driven round endlessly searching for a space, all to no avail. Then, I have remembered - PRAY. When I have prayed about it, success. It may not always be instant but, it works. You see, if you are surrounded by a Shield of Favour, God will perform the most amazing things.

I remember being told by a university, that there was no room for me on a very important course. I would have to wait until next year. I knew God wanted me on this course and at this particular university, so I prayed about it. Fifteen minutes later, I received a telephone call from the same person, telling me that the most amazing thing had happened, someone had just dropped off the course and there was now a place on it. Would I like it? You bet I would.

This is God's favour on His people. You can ask Him for a nice spot in a restaurant and you'll get it. Yes you will, because He cares about you. You may have a very demanding job and a busy life outside of work making it difficult to balance it all. If so, ask God for His divine favour, in fact, as you are surrounded by it, 

'Confess and believe that you are walking in the favour of God and receive all of His benefits.'

This includes the benefits of a Shield of Favour and the benefits mentioned in Psalm 103:1-5.
Your life will begin to be transformed for the better!

Copyriight 2021 Grahame Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...