Saturday 12 February 2022

'Don't be afraid, I am with you'

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."     
                                                                                                  Isaiah 41:10    NKJV


When we face something new and important it can be quite intimidating and fearful. It may be anything - a new job, school, college or university. It may also be a feature of your job or college, where you have to do a presentation and speak to a crowd of people. It may also be where you are required to sing a song or play a musical instrument in front of a crowd for the first time. It can be petrifying.

Fear kicks in at times such as these. It can affect our sleep pattern, giving us sleepless nights, it can also stop us from eating less or even, overeating. It is a fearsome time for many people. We may say, 'If someone that I know well could go with me, I'd be ok'. It is true, it always seems easier when we have someone to support us through something new. 

But you have, as a Christian, you have Jesus. Look at the Lord's words to us above, We are to:
Fear not  This means what it says, don't allow fear to stop you doing either what you want to do or, what God is leading you into. He is the one that will go with you and support you through it. He is all you need.
Be not dismayed  Don't be discouraged, disillusioned or lose you enthusiasm. God doesn't want you getting distressed over this. It's a blessing, overcome it and enjoy it all.
He will strengthen you  Jesus is always ready to share His joy with you and He will most certainly give you the strength to achieve what He is leading you to do. He is your friend and helper; true friends don't desert people when they are in need, neither will He. He will be right there with you.
He will help you and uphold you. When you don't have the words, He will fill your mouth with wisdom; when you are nervous - and we all get this way - He will uphold you. You may not know the way forward but God will make a way where there doesn't appear to be one.

When God says He is with you, then He is with you. Believe me, I have been in some very nervy situations in my life; He has rescued me from things that seemed impossible to escape from. Since I have known Him, He has never let me down, even if I have had to wait for Him to work quite often. He always delivers.

So, don't be afraid, He is with you and He will deliver.

Copyright 2021 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...