Thursday 10 February 2022

Things are changing

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever - 17 the Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive , because it neither sees Him or knows Him; but you know Him for He dwells with you and will be in you."
                                                                                                  John 15:16-17    NKJV

We all have troublesome times; times where nothing seems to go right and this can include disagreement and disunity; words spoken with attitude and thoughts that are not wholesome. Have you been this way? 

After feeling this way for a short time, wondering if things could ever change, I felt God telling me that He would give me a fresh encounter with the Holy Spirit. I was eager for this to happen. Following breakfast this morning, I looked out of the window and there in the garden was a beautiful white dove just graciously washing itself in the rain water. It was stunning. I knew straightaway, that this was God showing me a symbol of the Holy Spirit and I felt at peace.
When things are difficult, God always shows up and offers His love and direction. He never fails, although sometimes because of circumstances, we miss the moment. He longs to reassure us and build us back up with His anointing oil. We just have to receive it by faith.

Perhaps this is where you are at this moment; exhausted, tired and running on empty. It is like you have been walking through a very dark tunnel, but, take note, when we walk through a tunnel, there is always a light at the end of it and for you, this is the Holy Spirit. He is telling you to, 'Let us go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile'  Mark 6:31 New Living Translation. It is imperative that we do this as often as we can, especially when we are empty and need a re-fill of the Spirit. The quiet place, may be where we do our study or prayer or, it may be that Jesus wants you to go on a walk with Him for a while. You need this because you are run down and battered.

There's no shame in feeling this way, it happens and, it is a sign that you probably should have taken some time out earlier, when it all began. Never mind, God has the remedy and He is ready and willing to administer this to you right now, if you are ready. Why not rededicate your life to Him and ask Him for a re-fill of the Holy Spirit:

Lord Jesus, I rededicate my life to You today. Please forgive my sins and come and live in my heart. Fill me to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit; even the baptism of the Spirit if I have never received this; and be my Lord and Saviour from this day forth. I ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

Now go and have a blast of a day with Jesus.

Copyright 2021 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...