Thursday 28 July 2022

'I won't ever become angry'

"I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in Him I will trust."        
                                                                                           Psalm 91:2  NKJV 


This verse is actually a declaration and when we say it and mean it, we believe it. However, we need to be careful of the times when sin is creeping around. Yes, we have a hedge of protection around us, but only if we keep ourselves in a place of Holiness. If we allow sin to enter our lives then the hedge of protection is breeched and the devil can come in and cause mayhem. For instance, RT Kendall says, 'Will my flesh rule this moment or my spirit?' What RT is saying is if I sin, my flesh will rule, if I refuse to sin, I will remain on the right side of God. 

One of our biggest problems is our reactions. When someone annoys us, it can be difficult not to retaliate, especially if the person offends us or rattles our cage too much. This annoyance can lead to anger and before too long, the hedge of protection is in danger of being breeched. God gave me my own interpretation of anger some years ago. It includes: Aggression, Retaliation, Bad Mouthing and Threatening. These all equate to anger.

AGGRESSION   Whether we are of the aggressive type or not, it is easy to fall into this trap if we are pushed too far.
RETALIATION    We are then led to want to retaliate, 'How dare he say that' etc. Once we verbalise this, we are on the way to:
BAD MOUTHING  This may or may not include some unsavoury language. The thing is, once we have allowed ourselves to get this far, we want to let rip.
THREATENING  Sadly, this is a stage we can fall into, 'If you don't apologise, I will...' This is a threat that has come out of your mouth. It cannot be taken back.

All the more reason why we need to be in control of ourselves. God is our refuge, our fortress and we trust Him. So, if we do, call out to Him instead of taking the walk of doom and becoming angry. You know it makes sense and you may feel that this would never happen to you. Don't be fooled. It will if you're not careful!

Copyright 2022 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

        

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE


Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2










 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...