Friday 23 September 2022

Don't wander in the darkness

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am Your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."   Isaiah 41:10   NKJV 

This scripture is very similar to what God spoke to Joshua when he took over the helm after Moses had died:
'No man shall be able to stand before you, all the days of your life, as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you'  Joshua 1:5.

When God gives us scriptures such as these, we know for a fact that He does not want His children to fear 'For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind'  2 Timothy 1:7,

Notice what He says in our text today and Joshua 1:5 - 'Fear not, for I am with you' and 'as I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will not leave you nor forsake you.' He is with us, it may not seem like it at times but, He is and whatever we are going through right now, He is beside us.

Our text could almost be interpreted as, 'I'm on your side, I have your back.' And this is so true. If you have a trip to the hospital for test results, He is at your side, supporting you. If you have something to do that you have been dreading, He is also there beside you. Don't be dismayed or discouraged, He is your God. If He can create the world and everything in it, then He is able to help you.

The old song, 'When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high, and don't be afraid of the dark', contains words of encouragement. God says in Isaiah 42:16, 'I will make darkness light before them.' It may seem like darkness has surrounded you and is ready to swallow you up. But, as you talk to Jesus, He turns the darkness into light. This is how you can hold your head up high. Fear is not a part of a Child of God.

In the darkness, it is so easy to trip up and fall into deep trouble. However, be of good cheer, you are a Child of the Light and whatever you are facing today, Jesus will face it with you. So, don't wander in the darkness

Copyright 2022 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

        

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE


Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2












 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...