Wednesday 2 November 2022

Do you know how much you are loved?

"and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and loved them as You have loved Me."                                                                                        John 17:23  NKJV 

This must be one of the most amazing scriptures in the New Testament. If you have ever doubted the fact that God loves you, then keep focusing on this verse. When I first read this over 40 years ago, I felt this can't be true. However, over the years it has illuminated itself within my spirit and it sits contentedly. I was delighted not long after this when an acclaimed preacher said exactly the same. God loves you and I as He has loved Jesus.

RT Kendall in his book, The Lord's Prayer, writes this:
Let me share one of the most dazzling truths I know: God loves you as much as He loves Jesus! That's right. We are joint heirs, co-heirs with Jesus' 
                                         The Lord's Prayer, Copyright 2010 RT Kendall, Hodder & Stoughton P35

How does that sit with you? Does it make you feel uncomfortable? I felt this way at first but after studying the scriptures for over 40 years, it all comes together. We could search the world over but, we'll never find such love. It is unfailing. We may let Him down daily; we refuse to obey Him and rebel at times but, rather like the Prodigal Son in Luke 15, He stands there waiting for our return. 

I challenge you to say, 'God loves me as much as He does Jesus'. Say it out loud, over and over for a while. If you say it to someone who hasn't yet had this revelation, you may receive a Pharisaical protest, but don't allow this to put you off. I would have felt the same way all those years ago. However now, it is liberating.

You may say, 'I know this, it's nothing new'. I agree, it is nothing new at all. But the way you receive this in your spirit is. The truth of this statement underpins everything Jesus has told us; take for example, 'Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you' Matthew 6:33. Why would Jesus say this if God didn't love us in this way? What about insisting that we stop worrying and being afraid and, instead have faith in God? These statements tell us just how caring He is and how much He really loves us. In addition, let us not forget the cross where Jesus died and paid the penalty for our sin. Doesn't this show you just how much God loves each one of us.

Copyright 2022 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2












 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...