Tuesday 1 November 2022

Wholeheartedly

"11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.  12Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  13And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.  14I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive."                   Jeremiah 29:11-14. NKJV

Have you ever stopped to consider how much God thinks about you? Check out verse 11. He has many thoughts about how to lead us into a stage of peace, giving us a hope for our future. When was the last time that you really felt at peace? No matter what was happening around you, you remained peaceful. I think many would find it difficult to remember such a time.
Although this piece of scripture was written by Jeremiah to the Israelites who were captive in Babylon, it is still relevant to us today. God gave the captives a promise to hang on to and, He does the same to us too. He made a promise of rescue and hope for the future. But, there was a condition.
We are to seek the Lord wholeheartedly. The New Living Translation puts it like this, ‘In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for Me wholeheartedly, you will find Me. 14 I will be found by you' Jer 29:12-14 NLT. You can't get it any plainer than that. Give God all you've got, seek Him, dedicate yourself to Him - wholeheartedly and you will find Him. Not that He is hiding, far from it; but He expects our full attention, at all times. If you want the best, you have to do the rest. In these present days of failing economy, there is only so much any government can do or are willing to do to help. You can place your economy into God's hands. If we allow Him to, He holds our future but only when we serve Him wholeheartedly. 

There is a crisis throughout our world but, you may also have a crisis of your own. You have a choice. Either fall apart in fear, or seek God. If you do seek Him with all you have got, He gives you His promise, 'I will be found by you.' Note the 'I will'. He doesn't say, 'I may', or 'I'll consider it'. No, He says, 'I will'. He promises 'I will deliver you from captivity'. 

What is keeping you captive? What are you a slave to? God says ‘I will'. Are you willing to allow Him to deliver you from whatever it is that is keeping you bound? If so, it will cost you all you've got. The price? Total commitment to God. Follow Him wholeheartedly and then, He will be found and will deliver you!

Copyright 2022 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2












 










 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...