Friday 2 December 2022

Absolute Surrender. Part 2

"And the king of Israel answered and said, “My lord, O king, just as you say, I and all that I have are yours.”                                                    1 Kings 20:4  NKJV   

Let us look a little closer to living a life of Absolute Surrender. Jesus spoke to a man who had a son with a mute spirit, that was causing him to have fits. He asked Jesus to help him. Jesus replied 'if you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.' Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, 'Lord, I believe; help my unbelief' (Mark 9:23-24).

This was a faith that brought victory over the devil and the evil spirit was cast out of the child. The man had come to Jesus broken and in great need. He told Jesus that he believed but, went one step further and asked Jesus to help his unbelief. This was Absolute Surrender. This shows that if we come and say, 'Lord, I yield myself in Absolute Surrender to You, my God,' even though we may have a trembling heart and a feeling of no power over the situation but, have a determination that it will succeed, Jesus will meet you head on. He will meet you in the midst of your trembling and the Holy Spirit will set to work.

To absolutely surrender to God takes effort on our part. This is never easy and takes dedication and a close walk with Jesus. Take for instance things such as our moods. Everyone gets grumpy at times but a bad temper needs controlling. It can be the proof of whether the love of Jesus is filling our heart or not. How many times do we feel it easier in church to diligently be happy and holier than, when we are at home with our partners or children. The love of Jesus should be the same wherever we are.
Then of course our love, or lack of it for other people. The one thing that grieves God's Spirit is the lack of love for other believers or unbelievers. We need to ask God to search our hearts and help us put right the lack of spiritual love that we have. Every time we criticise or judge another person, Jesus grieves. He has love for everyone and wants us to be like Him. It is not easy at times, but if we have an attitude of Absolute Surrender, then He will help us achieve this.

Even though we absolutely surrender to God, we will still be spiritually attacked. We need to put on the armour of God (Ephesians 6) and use this prayer as often as we need to:

'Father, let the Holy Spirit have full dominion over me; in my home, in my temper, in every word of my tongue, in every thought of my heart, in every feeling towards my fellow man and let the Holy Spirit have entire possession of me. In Jesus' name. Amen'
                                                                    Prayer by Andrew Murray

Copyright 2022 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2












 
























           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...