Sunday 11 December 2022

Have you been crushed by the enemy?

 "3For the enemy has pursued me, crushing me to the ground, making me live in darkness like those long dead. 4My spirit is weak within me; my heart is overcome with dismay. 5I remember the days of old; I meditate on all you have done; I reflect on the work of your hands. 6I spread out my hands to you; I am like parched land before you. Selah"                                                                       Psalm 143:3-6   CSB

The term 'Selah' at the end of a scripture, means to pause and think about it, and I strongly recommend that you do this for these six verses. This was David's appeal for guidance and deliverance and, I am sure that we all have had times such as these. 

We all go through bad times, whether we belong to Jesus or not. Just because we are a Christian, doesn't mean that we will never have bad times. The difference is, we have a Saviour who does just that, He saves us, not only at salvation but throughout our life time. 

David felt crushed by all that his enemy had caused him. To feel crushed is to be brought low and broken; and David was experiencing this at the time. He was longing for God's intervention where his thirsty soul could be restored. He felt as if he had been thrown into darkness - cut off from the enjoyments of life. How many times have you felt this way? You may be feeling this way now. 

David began to encourage himself by remembering times past - the times when he had been in similar situations and God turned up at the right time. This led him to 'spread out my hands to You' v6. Praise and worship always lifts our spirits when we are feeling this way; and it may be the right thing for you to do right now. Before you do, please read this diamond of a helpful verse 'We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose'. Romans 8:28.

This is a life-saver of a verse. He actually causes difficult circumstances to work together for good in your life. As long as you remain steadfast and loyal to Jesus, loving Him with all your heart, He will take all of the things that have gone pear-shaped in your life and, will bring them together - in your favour. That is a promise.  The Living Bible puts it this way, 'And we know that all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into His plans.'

What a wonderful blessing, but there is a condition, don't forget. As long as you have given everything in your life to Jesus, Whenever bad things come your way, He will turn it around for good.
So why not spread out your hands to God right now, call on Him and get lost in His presence for a while. He is in charge and has your best interests in hand.

Copyright 2022 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2












 
























           



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...