Friday 30 December 2022

Praise is the way forward.

"I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth."   
                                                                                                 Psalm 34:1 NKJV

We are approaching another New Year and, where many people will be making New Year's Resolutions, why not consider inserting into your agenda for 2023 - Praise. Just look above to see how David described praise. He made a commitment to praise God 'at all times' and that praise 'shall continually be in my mouth.' Now that was some commitment, with all the stuff that was being thrown at him.

Imagine committing yourself to do this. Your life would never be the same again Satan hates praise so, he would be driven away and each time he returned, he would be forced away again. You would have heavenly angels all around you, joining in the praise. You would be unstoppable. It is worth a thought but, how would you be able to do this?

The answer to this is, by sheer determination that nothing will stop you from praising the King of kings, the Lord of Lords, the Son of God - Jesus Himself. Your life could still go ahead as normal, you would still go to work if you had to; you would still be with your family. The only thing that would change is bringing Jesus to the forefront of your daily life, ensuring you have a 'quiet time' before your day begins and then just being in touch with Jesus all through the day, just silently talking with Him, allowing Him to show you the way. I remember one time that I was doing this; I had been in some quite intense praise as I drove my car. Arriving at my destination, I saw someone I knew, 'Hey Jesus', I shouted across the car park. Everyone within hearing distance turned round, including my friend. All I could do was laugh at my mistake, while the people who didn't know me, thought I was some weirdo. When I first was saved, I was praising God in tongues out loud as I walked down a corridor. As I turned a corner, I came face to face with someone. I just started to hum a tune to try to hide the temporary embarrassment, while this chap just stared at me.

But, now, what the heck, Jesus is worthy of my praise and I don't let anyone make me feel embarrassed. Jesus saved my soul and that is all that matters. He saved your's too and He is worthy of your attention - your praise, your thanksgiving and your gratitude. Start off the New Year incorporating praise into every second of your life. It can be done but, it takes determination. When the devil does attack - and he will, just stand your ground and submit to God, resisting the devil every inch of the way. He must flee, don't forget that (James 4:7-8).

We were created to praise God so let's make a start, right now!

Copyright 2022 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2












 




































 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...