Saturday 31 December 2022

A Prayer for the New Year

"in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."  
                                                                      1 Thessalonians 5:18.  NKJV

Carrying on our theme of praise from yesterday, let us take this verse as our guideline for a personal prayer to Jesus:

'Lord Jesus, what can I say except, thank you for being my friend and, for being there whenever I needed You. When I remember where I have come from - a world of flesh and now, where I am, Your friend and a member of Your Heavenly family, I cannot comprehend how it could have happened.
  
I don't consider that I was a bad person before I accepted You as my Lord and Saviour but, I do acknowledge that I was not eligible to be classed as a servant of the Most High because, I was covered in the sin of the world. But You, took me and washed me clean and gave me a new song to sing - a new life and a everlasting hope. Thank You Jesus.
  
You have rescued me from death and disaster and placed my feet firmly on solid ground. I shudder to think what would have happened if you had not have been there to drag me from the miry clay that was sucking me into its jaws. Praise You Jesus.

One thing that I am very sure of is the fact that I would never have made it on my own; Oh, I thought that I could in those early days of blindness and arrogance, but I soon came down with a great bump. I was reduced to nothing, broken, unwell, lonely and lost. However, instead of walking by me when I lay as if in a gutter, you picked me up and carried me until I was able to stand again. You lifted me up. You gave me back my self-respect and made me feel confident again; and you healed me. Hallelujah Jesus.

And even though I have not always behaved as well as I should have since meeting with You, You have always shown me Your love and patience and believed in me. You never judge me; You never accuse me and You never gossip about me when I share my heart with You. Where could I go to equal this love - nowhere! It is only found in You  the King of kings and the Lord of Lords. You are all I need. Bless You Jesus.

And now Lord, as I approach 2023 - a New Year, please help me to make the most of it for You. I re-dedicate myself anew, You are my Lord and my Saviour. I give you thanks for what you have done in my life and, I salute You, my Lord. And look forward  to what You have planned for me this coming New Year’

In Jesus' Name Amen

Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2












 




































   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...