Wednesday 4 January 2023

How to be Successful

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed "  
                                                                                                 Proverbs 16:3  NIV

If you truly commit your plans to the Lord, it means you are submitting your will to His. When you do this you are inviting His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven. God will be reached and accept your plans. However, to be able to succeed you must believe in what you do! It is ridiculous to plan a vegetable plot, dig it all over, treating the soil with all nutrients to ensure it will procuce a good crop of what you sow, if you say, 'I'm doing all this work but, I don't think anything will grow, I'm useless at gardening.' What have you just said there? You have confessed that nothing will grow, basically you are putting a curse on your activities and you always get what you confess. Therefore, there is no point in preparing this vegetable plot. Do you get the picture?

The way forward is to have an attitude of faith. Beware though, when you start talking faith, some people will become uppity. Faith causes people to be nervous and some may walk away from you, others may challenge you quite strongly. But stand your ground. Remember, Smith Wigglesworth said, 'If God said it, I believe it and that settles it'. Abraham recorded in Romans 4:17-21 had tremendous faith. 'being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised' v21. Even Hebrews 11:6 says, 'And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him, must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.'

Rather like planting a vegetable patch but you don't believe anything will grow, it is akin to praying and asking God for something and believing in your heart that it is a waste of time. God wants you to walk in faith; He wants you to have the excitement that He can give you all that you need so that you can live and eat today. When my wife and I first started in ministry over 40 years ago, we had to pray that God would provide our food and clothes at times. We had nothing but we knew in our hearts that God had everything and what's more, He was willing to bless us with it and He never let us down.

Back in the 40's and 50's people used to say, 'If you want to get ahead, get a hat,' In those post-war days, a hat was a status symbol; you were considered important if you wore a trilby or similar. But, I'm saying the only hat you'll ever need is the Helmet of Salvation. Then put this together with a great load of faith and, God will not let you down. Did you get that? He won't let you down.

Pray this with me:

Lord, You have promised that, if I commit whatever I do to You, then You will cause my plans to succeed. My success will come from aligning my plans with Your will. Let me hear Your voice clearly as You give me wisdom and guidance. Remind me that success is not found in the world but is found in You. Amen

Now go and have a faith-filled day

Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2












 



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...