Friday 14 April 2023

Mornings with Jesus are important

"Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to You and wait expectantly."   Psalm 5:3   New Living Translation 

Many people tell us, that the most important meal of the day is breakfast; it builds us up for the day! I don't disagree with that, we need that kick-start in the morning, it gives us the necessary energy to get through each and every morning. Likewise, the most important thing a believer needs to do is have a quiet time with Jesus. Again, it builds us up for the day and puts us in touch with the plans that the Lord has for us. It is not only important, it is imperative! 

However, many of us begin dashing around every morning, looking for this and that, the mobile, the lunch box - if you bother with one and by the time we get to the car, bus or train, we are running very late and the stress begins to kick in because we know, we have a busy day. I remember, as a social worker, I was in court one particular morning, I was late, I had not prepared well enough and was dreading one of the barristers ripping my case apart (they like to eat social workers as a past time). Suddenly, I slammed the car door, with the lock pressed down only to realise that my paperwork was on the back seat and I had locked myself out. It was 9am and I had to see my barrister at 9.30 and the care proceedings were due to start at 10am. To say I was panicking is an understatement, I was frantic. Suddenly I felt the Lord tell me to 'phone a garage for help'. That was a great idea; the problem was, my mobile was on the back seat waving at me. AAARGH!
The car park was deserted but suddenly, out of nowhere, a man walked by, stopped to ask if I needed help and, bless him, he let me borrow his phone and even gave me a garage telephone number. I'd just handed the mobile back to this chap when the garage van came screeching round the corner, did something and my door opened. I made my deadline of 9.30am and also won the case. Praise Jesus.

The lesson I leaned that day, was to prepare well and the most important place to start is with my bible open and my focus on God. He rescued me that day; that chap came from nowhere and the speed of the garage was amazing. Have you been in similar situations? Do you have a quiet time in the morning? It is better to have this time before your day begins. I have lost count of the pressures that I have handed to Jesus - feeling that I just can't do this particular thing. He has astounded me with His wisdom and His rescue skills. Do you know that Jesus can take your whole work load - the one you have been fretting about and can totally change it around so that it is an easier day. He can, trust me, I've been there.

I encourage you, make it a priority to fit in a quiet time in your busy schedule. Make it as early as you can, so that there are few distractions. I promise, if you keep doing this, you will notice a great difference!

Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2











  


 






                                               


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...