Saturday 15 April 2023

His Kindness knows no end

"But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You."   
                                     Psalm 5:11   NKJV

I read something the other day that transported me back to the mid seventies. At that time, I had just left the army and was a little wild and also unsure of my future. I trusted no one, sometimes not even myself. I was also very lonely and had no one to love me, in fact, I was a bit of a wreck. I remember looking at a church in the village where I was living and felt strangely drawn to it. However, I quickly rejected the idea of going in there, thinking they wouldn't let me in.  I remember saying to myself, 'I have no one who loves me'. This article I read the other day, reminded me of that time because, it said something very similar. The person said the same thing as I had done all those years before but the difference was Jesus said, 'I love you.' 

Now I didn't have Jesus at that time; that would happen five years later, But God began working on me from that moment. I didn't mention that I had three young children at the time, therefore, I had to work and also be mum and dad to them, but we did all right. However, I still needed someone for myself, and one day not long after, there she was, a lady who came into my life, loved me and my children also. It's been a struggle, a loving relationship is never easy when you have hang ups like I had. But we're still together. Our 44th Wedding Anniversary is next month and, I consider myself a lucky dude that she came to me. 

God did that for me with His loving kindness (Hesed) and His pleasure, delight, desire and grace (Ratson). These two words, Greek and Hebrew, put together, describe the shield of favour (Ps 5:12) that God wraps around us wherever we are. I had to learn to trust Jesus, as I said earlier, I trusted no one at the time and, still find that area difficult. However, Jesus is working on this and demonstrates to me daily, His love and friendship.

You may be similar; life has been difficult but we have to learn to trust Him, we then receive. The Israelites had to put their feet into the River Jordan (Joshua 3) before it parted. Therefore, we too need to do the same, we have to be proactive. We make a move and God goes into action, that is how it works.

Perhaps you have felt that no one loves you. Well, let me tell you right now, Jesus does, very much. Trust Him to change and repair your life - He's good at that. He'll love you, give you favour, shower you with His grace and protect your every step. Now, how about that?
Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2











  


 






                                               

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...