Sunday 2 April 2023

You can't hide your hurt from God!

"Laughter can conceal a heavy heart, but when the laughter ends, the grief remains."                 
                                                                     Proverbs 14:13   NLT 

We are very skilled at covering things up and putting on a happy face, when really, we feel like falling apart. We smile at people in the street, at work or even within our own home but, deep down there is something that they don't know. I remember going to see my doctor. As I walked into his room, he asked me how I was, I answered, 'I'm fine thanks.' He looked  at me and then said, 'Then why are you here?' This made me realise that, I wasn't all right or I wouldn't have come to see him.

When I was pastoring and even when I was a social worker, I would often speak with people who only told me half-truths, they would hide the other bits away, which really was the reason they had wanted to see me in the first place. It took a long time for them to open up about the real reason. Perhaps you're like that, many people are.

Do you keeps things close to your chest, hoping people won't see that you have a problem? Wouldn't it be more helpful to share these issues with someone? Obviously, it is very important to speak to the right person - someone you trust, because some like to gossip about others. When we internalise hurts, we are susceptible to being quick tempered because we are very sensitive. Consider a tin of coke. You can shake it up and nothing will happen until the tab is ripped off and then POW - all of the contents that had been bubbling away inside suddenly have an opening and they gush out all over the place. It is rather like when we, internalise hurts and frustration. Sooner or later something happens and we let rip and vent this frustration on whoever is in listening range. This can be devastating and even, embarrassing.

It is far better to find a way to be able to vent our feelings in a more acceptable manner. Speaking about them is one way. If the person you choose to speak to has the skills to be of help, this is good. Having professional counselling is another option. Also, if the person is a believer, this opens the way to be able to pray things through as well. The choice is yours. You don't have to speak with anyone if you don't want to. You may be able to get alone with God and allow Him to help with the problems. However, if you are going to continue to go around with a heavy heart, it is sensible to seek some help from someone. Don't carry hurt around; it is a burden and, Jesus wants to take these burdens away. He knows about them anyway.
Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2











  


 






                                               


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...