Monday 9 October 2023

If you want success, take Jesus with you

"for without Me you can do nothing"    John 15:5    NKJV 

Would you ever try to drive your car to a destination many miles away, without first filling the tank with petrol. It is highly unlikely; and yet, we try to do things in our own strength without seeking Jesus' help. Our relationship with Jesus must be cultivated so that, from our point of view, we are touching base with Him. When we are, this is when we begin to bear good fruit.

Spiritual fruit can be described as a piece of work that lasts; it meets the need of the time and it’s a blessing to whoever receives it. On the other hand, bad fruit is just what it says, it's bad and stands for nothing except to smell the place out and drive people away. Do you get the point here? Jesus has given you the opportunity to bear good fruit for Him; to take blessings to people and the knowledge that, whatever you do is alive. He will never give you bad fruit and if this is what you are bearing at this time, you need to get out of there, check yourself over and seek Jesus quickly.

People may ask you to lay hands on them for healing but, if you are not in fellowship with Jesus, very little will happen. Remember, Jesus tells us that we can do nothing without Him. It all comes down to relationship - your relationship with Jesus. Be honest, look at yourself an ask, 'What is my relationship with Jesus like?' If you have a guilty feeling about this, it may be that the Holy Spirit is prompting you to put this right.

We can read our bibles, go to church 3 or 4 times every week and even attend prayer groups. But, are you doing this for Jesus or, to make yourself look good. Sometimes, we can attend all these meetings just to please other people. Try pleasing Jesus instead. It is He who is your Saviour.

'How can I have a deep relationship with Jesus' you may ask. Well, the answer is easy but, the actual act is far harder. It requires you to DIE TO SELF - 'I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life that I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.'  Galatians 2:20. This is the way to live for Jesus. As I said, it is not easy to do, but you can do it, when you do it in Jesus.

I never like to end without giving someone the opportunity to ask Jesus into their life, or, re-dedicate their life. If that is you, pray this prayer and please let me know:


Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen


Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2



















 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...