Sunday 8 October 2023

Jesus, and the glories of His church

"My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer."    Psalm 45 :1ff   

This Psalm is Messianic, pointing to when Jesus will walk the earth and be our King. It is not referring to Solomon, as many have thought. It is written by an excited hand; someone who cannot contain the joy and the anticipation of when Jesus will come and reign. The Psalmist confirms this by writing: 'I recite my composition concerning the King.' The Psalmist cannot hide the excitement that erupts from his fingers. One can imagine the rustling of the paper as he writes. 

The is the way God wants us to be about Jesus. He is exciting; He is almighty, yet the best friend you will ever have. He is faithful and eternal. Can you feel the excitement within yourself as you think about the day you will enter heaven and feel His arms around you? Words fail to describe this. However, this Psalmist was specially anointed to write about this thrilling event.

I wonder if it makes you feel like writing a poem, or a song; book or perhaps a sermon? You may have a book inside of you that needs to come out. You can't keep it to yourself if it has an anointing from Jesus. But also, you may write some poetry about Jesus and use it in your quiet time speaking to Jesus. He will be thrilled to hear it. Oh yes He will. He is not some Professor of Literature who will edit it and write critical comments all over it. Not at all, Jesus will say words such as, 'That has thrilled my heart, please write some more.' He takes so much delight in you.

Take a read, prayerfully through this Psalm and check out the key parts. Jesus is fighting on behalf of truth, humility and righteousness. It's hard to realise that some will oppose this but, this is all part of the evil that causes war, and we know who is at the bottom of this, Satan. But Jesus will reign forever. 'Therefore, God, Your God, has anointed You. v7' He is the King of kings and people need to realise this. I like what the Psalmist writes in v17: 'I will make Your name to be remembered in all generations; therefore, the people shall praise you forever and ever.' Try and make this a prayer for your quiet time. Saying this, you are declaring that, whatever happens, you will tell people about Jesus and promote His name forever, wherever you are. Now that is a commitment!

I never like to end without giving someone the opportunity to ask Jesus into their life, or, re-dedicate their life. If that is you, pray this prayer and please let me know:
contact me, CLICK HERE


Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen


Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2



















 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...