Thursday 9 November 2023

Don't just sit there, get up

"But Peter said, 'I don't have silver or gold, but what I do have, I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, get up and walk!."   Acts 3:6   CSB 

In the days of the early church, beggars used to position themselves outside the temple, alongside the Beautiful Gate, waiting for people to enter the temple. Their logic was, those going to the hour of prayer would be in a holy mood so, perhaps they would be generous to them. You can see this in many cities throughout Britain today; people of the road nearly always seek out a church for the same reasons and this is why food halls and night and day shelters are in place - to provide a need.

As Peter and John approached this man, he started calling out to them for money. Peter got straight to the point. He stared into his face and told him, 'I don't have silver or gold, but what I do have, I give you: in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, get up and walk.' And this is what the beggar did, as Peter helped him to his feet, he was healed and went walking, leaping and praising God and went into the temple with them. The man had asked for what he wanted - money, but he received what he needed - healing; and this is the way Jesus works with us.

When God meets your needs, He may not give you what you asked for, but what He provides will always be greater than what you want. In a way, the man's expectations were too small. Here he was sitting outside the temple of God begging from people. He needed an atmosphere of expectancy and this is what Peter and John gave him. They were walking in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit knew his need and gave it to him. From now on, he would have the ability to work and provide for himself. The man had been waiting around outside the temple, waiting for someone to meet his wants. When we do this, it rarely comes, we have to get up and approach the giver - Jesus Christ, this is where we have our needs met. 

Perhaps you are in a 'Sticky' position at the moment. Funds are tight, mortgages need paying and the prices of most things are shooting sky high, not to mention gas and electric. Let me encourage you, don't sit around waiting for an angel to come along with a bag of cash. It could happen but, it is highly unlikely. So, don't  just sit there, get up and do something about it. The first place to start is with Jesus Christ of Nazareth and then, follow His instructions. He knows the way out of all of this.

If you are not born again and want to be, here I’ll below is a prayer of salvation:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'


Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2



















 



 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...