Monday 20 November 2023

'I can do this'

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Philippians 4:13   NKJV 

Be careful that you don't take this verse too literally, by doing something that may lead to embarrassment or even worse, disaster. For example, you cannot fly an aeroplane on the strength of this scripture, unless of course, you are a trained pilot. God is teaching us to have faith, this is true but, He is also teaching us wisdom. There are many things that we would like to do for Jesus, however, if He hasn't called us for this purpose, it may not happen. I made the statement at the end of yesterday's reading: 'Never ever say, 'I can't', because you can. I stand by this but only in the strength of Jesus. Remember, without Him, we can do nothing John 15:5. Let us look at the Amplified version of today's text:

'I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens me and empowers me [to fulfil His purpose - I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace]'

Yes, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us but, we need to be certain that He has called us to do it in the first place. We can’t just say that we can do whatever we like because the power and strength of Jesus dwells within us. We need to be careful and we do this by walking with the Holy Spirit everyday and allowing Him to guide us.

Now we come to, how does He guide us? Quite easily, we build a relationship with Him and read His Word on a regular basis. We talk to Him; we praise and worship Him. In fact, we spend as much time as we can with Him. As we do this, His Word tells us in Psalm 32:8: 'I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.' We can't really get it any plainer that that. It is essential, for God's warriors - just like yourself, to allow God to do this. 

You may not feel that you are anything special, but you are. You are very special to Jesus and He trusts you to do whatever He has, or will, tell you. So the answer is 'I can do this through Jesus, who has called me to be His ambassador'.

If you are not born again and want to be, here I’ll below is a prayer of salvation:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'


Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2



















 



 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...