Saturday 6 January 2024

But I trust in You Lord

"But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say, 'You are my God.' 15 My times are in Your hand                 Psalm 31:14-15  NKJV 

Let us look at this verse again, today. As you probably know, as soon as you feel God has called you for a particular task, you will find several people who will try to talk you out of it. Most, are well-meaning and don't want you to make a mistake. But, at the end of the day it is you, that is left with the decision. If you have listened to the negative comments for too long, you may feel reluctant to proceed. But, be careful here. If God has chosen you for this task, then you are well qualified for it and if that burning within you is still aflame for it, then you should ask God for further confirmation and, if He indicates to go ahead, then go ahead.
Some say that when God asks you to do something, don't tell anyone because they will always try to talk you out of it. There is some truth in this but, we all need to be accountable and seeking advice can be helpful. However, your main decision should be doing God's will. Therefore, this Psalm is a good place to start. Just look at it:
"But as for me, - You are declaring to God that you know the decision is yours, not other people. 'So, please Lord give me that extra confirmation.' 
I trust in You, O LORD; I say, 'You are my God.' - Pray, 'Lord, You are my Rock and I trust totally in You and no one else. You alone are My God'     
My times are in Your hand  - 'Lord, You know the way ahead, therefore I ask You to guide me by giving me that final confirmation.'
You must remember that, when God calls us out, there is always an element of faith attached to it, because we walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). Look at Peter and John in Acts 3; they told the disabled man, 'In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.' As the man allowed them to help him up, he walked and leapt about. Then there was the example of Jesus telling the man to stretch out his withered arm. As he did so, it was healed (Luke 6:10). There are many more examples throughout the scriptures.

It is all about trusting Jesus, your life is in His hands if you have given your heart to Him. People are good for advice but the final authority is always Jesus. He knows the way because, He is the way, He knows the truth because He is the truth and He knows all about life because He is the life. So, don't stagger around in the dark, do what He tells you to do; don't be put off by well-meaning people if you're certain God is in it; just trust in Jesus entirely. 

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2

































No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...