Friday 5 January 2024

Remember the Three P's

"But I trust in You, LORD; I say 'You are my God'. 15 The course of my life is in Your power"                   Psalm 31:14-15. CSB + read 1 Samuel 30

David had lived through a bad time; people threatening him, gossiping about him and throughly making his life a misery. It can be like that sometimes as you probably know. But one thing about David, no matter what he went through, He never gave up. He remembered the victories God had given him in the past, especially when the Amalekites attacked his camp while David and his troops were away. They took all of the wives and children and when David returned to the camp, his men blamed him and threatened to stone him (1 Samuel 30). But David stood his ground and remembered the Lord and the past victories God had given him. I like to call it: 

THE THREE P's
(1)  David remembered his Past victories
(2)  He enquired of the Lord by Prayer
(3)  He became Proactive

When everything was against him, He didn't give up, run away and feel sorry for himself. He stood and focused on the Lord, confident in his relationship with Him and knew all would be ok. And this is what God wants from you. At the beginning of Psalm 31 he prayed: 'LORD, I seek refuge in You; let me never be disgraced. Save me by Your righteousness. 2 Listen closely to me; rescue me quickly. Be a rock of refuge for me, a mountain fortress to save me. 3 For You are my Rock and my Fortress, You lead and guide me for Your name's sake'  v1-3.
David may have had a rough time but, he overcame it by giving it all to God and because of this, God gave him another victory. 

Jesus is your Rock. He is your Fortress and, He will lead and guide you whenever you call on Him. But notice the third word that David spoke v14 'Trust.' You must trust Him even when things are crazy and you don't know if you're coming or going. At these times, it is so easy to blow a basket and freak out in anger or terror. But if you do, you will lose the victory. Remember The Three P's, your past victories, prayer and then become proactive by standing on the Word of God clothed in His armour. (Ephesians 6:11-20). Remember, you are more than a conqueror through Jesus (Romans 8:37).

Make the decision that you are not going to be the underdog any longer. You are a Child of God and you will live like this from now on. Amen!

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




































No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...