Friday 26 January 2024

God's Grace

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God."               Ephesians 2:8   NKJV

There is nothing that you could have done to have your name written down in heaven. It was done by Jesus. You did not earn it, Jesus earned it for you by His death on the cross and your acceptance of Him into your heart. Grace is God's gift to you, not just at the beginning of your walk with Him, but ongoing. 2 Cor 12:9 tells us: 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, Paul says, 'I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong'  2 Cor 12:10.

Some time ago, I wrote in my bible three things about grace. I'll share them with you:
(1)  It cannot be earned, so stop trying
(2)  It is God doing for you what you cannot do for yourself
(3)  It doesn't kick in until you stop struggling and trying to do it in your own strength

As I mentioned earlier, grace wasn't a one time gift from God; we receive it everyday. Think about the things you do that you know you shouldn't but, you do them anyway. At that time, God would have the right to take you home if you persistently continued to sin in this way. However, He doesn't, why is that? Well firstly, it is because He loves you and is so committed to you that He recognises your weaknesses and, as you ask forgiveness, by His grace, you receive it. Secondly, you are a work in progress and God is shaping you into the type of person He wants you to be. It may take a life time but, He is not going to cast away the special work He has done in you up to now. He is committed to completing it (Phil 1:6 - a work of grace implied).

Take note though, we can't just go out and deliberately sin because we know we will receive God's grace. Not at all. We're looking here at the many times, through our weakness, we let God down, feel bad about it and repent. It's God's intention that this will stop as you become more deeply involved with Him. But until then, we receive His grace. Don't ever think that you can deliberately commit sin whenever you want to because God will forgive you anyway. It doesn't work like that.

Just be grateful that Jesus, our Lord and Saviour is full of love and grace -as Godfrey Birtle put it in his song - it's Outrageous Grace. He is so loving, so gracious and is 100% in love with you. Think about that in your Daily Life with Jesus.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2


 Contact me grahamehoward@hotmail.com














No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...