Wednesday 17 January 2024

'I can't do this.' 'Yes you can!' Part 1

"O My LORD, I m not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; But I am slow of speech and slow of tongue."    Exodus 4:10   NKJV

Would you have felt differently? That's hard to answer because, unless you were there, you wouldn't know. However, think back to school, college or uni days. How did you feel when a teacher or lecturer asked you to stand up and give an account of something you had been studying. I think the answer to this would be - petrified. Here this faithful man was tending his sheep, without a care in the world, and suddenly a bush caught fire and spoke to him. Not your everyday occurrence I am sure. 
As DL Moody said 'Moses had spent forty years in Egypt thinking he was a somebody; forty years in the wilderness learning he was a nobody and a further forty years seeing what God can do with a nobody.' And he can do that with you too!
Initially, Moses had been a powerful person in Egypt, but he blew it by murdering someone and hiding their body. After fleeing Egypt, here he was, a lonely old shepherd. But God looks at our potential; He knows what we can do. He saw the potential in Moses. He knew he was a faithful, hardworking man, who would get the job done. The inner voice within Moses, however, was sounding alarm bells. 'I can't do this - I'm a shepherd, get me out of here.' But God wouldn't give up and in-spite of all of Moses' wriggling He was going to have His way here.
We can be very much like this. Someone asks us to do something and, straightaway a feeling of negativity comes upon us and we turn down the offer. Now, each of us is different and we will all have some reason why we can't do what we are asked. What would be yours? If your pastor asked you to preach next Sunday, something you had never done before, what would be your response. You could say yes you would be delighted but as the day grew closer you may back out of it with some excuse. Alternatively, you may turn up to preach and be a bundle of nerves as the pastor introduced you. As you commenced, knocking the glass of water beside you on the floor, your tongue could feel like it's not working. Then rather like Moses had told God, you may suddenly be unable to speak any sense.

We can all go to pieces at times, but, as you give the fear to God, He can find a way through the fear, allowing you to proceed with the task and claim victory. Whatever your fear is today, God can fix it. It is difficult to explain but, when we face mountains such as this, God gives us the dynamite to blast ourselves through. So get ready.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...