Tuesday 16 January 2024

A Love Affair

"Arise my darling. Come away my beautiful one. 11 For now the winter is past - "  
                                    Song of Songs 2:10-11  CSB 

As we read through the chapters which Solomon has written, we unfold a great love story - an affair of the heart. In this Chapter, Solomon describes how the love between a man and woman should be. It begins with a pure love affair which eventually leads to marriage. It contains honesty and a heart full of respect and leads to a great devotion to each other. If a person is not married, then a deep relationship with Jesus can also fill that empty space.  

It can be said that, this is a blue print of how love should be towards Jesus. He does His part on a daily basis but, what about us? We are, or should be, in a loving relationship with Him. He loves us with a deep, lasting passion and never has any intention of hurting us or, letting us go. He has always been around us, even before we became committed to Him. Verse 9 tells us, that He stands behind a wall, gazing through the windows. You see, before we knew Jesus, He would never have forced Himself upon us but, He wasn't far away. He was the other side of a wall; He was gazing through a window just looking adoringly at each one of us. Love makes us want to do this, to be with someone that has captured our hearts. But some of us want the other one to make the first move. Jesus is a little like this. As I have said, He would never force His way into our lives. He wants us to be sure that we want Him

Love such as this, makes us want to leap over mountains and bound up hills. We get our second wind, the feeling of love is so exciting, and with Jesus in it, it is doubly-exciting. He knows our heart and knows that the winter of our life has been a difficult one but, Jesus says:"Arise my darling. Come away my beautiful one. 11 For now the winter is past' 
He knows the pain we have suffered; the heart that has been shattered and He tells us, 'Come and step into Spring. Look the flowers are shooting up; new life is springing up everywhere and the birds are singing about this. The winter is past.'
He tells us to "Come away my beautiful one.' And He is calling you into relationship with Him.

You may have known Jesus for years but, possibly not like the way He wants you to. Yes it has been a rough time but, the winter is past and, it is time to enter into joy with Jesus, the King of kings. What is your answer to His question, 'Come away my beautiful one?' If it is 'Yes', I want this relationship, pray the words below:

Lord Jesus, I realise that the winter is past but I, have been hanging on to it. Please forgive me. I want the kind of relationship that you are offering. So I say 'Yes.' I really want a true and loving friendship with you, so I offer myself to You, today. Amen

And if you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...