Tuesday 13 February 2024

Our Five Senses - TASTE

“Oh taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in in Him.”                                               
                                       Psalm 34:8   NKJV

How is your taste? You’re the salt of the earth. Are you producing life or death with your tongue? Are you praising Jesus or cursing with your tongue? We should decide to taste more of God and to be a good taste to the world. To a degree people can tell who we belong to just by the words that come out of our mouth. If we have tasted Jesus then the only type of words that come out of our mouth should be the ones that build people up (Ephesians 4:29). 

I remember years back when I was doing an essay in a certain bible college. I used our text for today and described it this way:
'If someone has never tasted or seen a Mars bar, we may say that it has soft caramel, creamy malt and is covered in milk chocolate. However, we could describe this to someone forever more but unless they put it in their mouth and taste it, they would never know, if they like it or not.' I then went on to say that Jesus is like this. We can tell people about Him over and over again but, unless they taste Him themselves, they will never know how good He is. I thought this was a good example and, still do. Not the college examiner's, they marked me down. They felt that comparing Jesus with a chocolate bar was very distasteful.
I have since used this description many times in evangelism and many people have identified with it. In fact, 11 prisoners -  the total congregation, when I taught this, stood up and asked Jesus into their lives. It speaks for itself.

When we taste God, we are literally eating His words, 'But you son of man, hear what I say to you, do not be rebellious like that rebellious house. Open your mouth and eat what I give you'  Ezekiel 2:8. The Word of God is literally our daily food. Without His word, we are lost and we will starve. We need to study His word daily. This is tasting God. Therefore, when we are with people, the words that come out of our mouths should affect them, they should edify them because they have the power to build them up not, tear them apart. 
Jesus Christ, has a good taste. Every word that He speaks to us in the bible has the power to change our lives for the better. He knows the way forward so He will direct us. He knows when things are dangerous, so He will give us a warning. He knows all we need to know so will show us if we ask Him to.

Jesus Christ has good taste and so do you if you have tasted Him. 

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2













  
 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...