Monday 11 March 2024

A New Life in Jesus

"And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, 13 although I was formally a blasphemer, a persecutor and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief."  
                                                  1 Timothy 1:12-13  NKJV

Paul teaches about his former life as blasphemer, persecutor and an insolent man. He was also responsible for the many beatings and deaths people suffered because of their faith in Jesus. At that time, he knew no better, he was just dong what he believed and he saw no wrong in this. However, once Jesus got hold of him on the Damascus Road (Acts 9) he began a new life, totally converted to Jesus. Saul the persecutor became Paul the evangelist. 
He says something very interesting in verse 13: But I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.' At that time, Saul knew no different and he was just acting the way he had been taught. However, once he knew the truth and repented, he became Paul, a new man. This is how we came to Jesus. We knew no better and so, became involved in the sins of life because this was all that we knew. We probably had some good values taught by our parents but, we didn't have Jesus; and this was the difference. Once we accepted Him into our lives, we repented  and He forgave all our sins.

You should never forget what Jesus did for you. No matter what you did wrong, Jesus has forgiven you, He ripped up the note recorded with your sins on and left it on the cross and He has declared you, Not Guilty. How can this be? It is by grace - His unmerited favour upon you. he has poured it on you in overflow. This grace came to you by the extra-ordinary patience of Jesus Christ.

Now, you can hold your head up high. People from your past, may say, 'I know the real person;I know what they were involved in then.' Jesus simply declares that He knows nothing about this past. He has given you a future and that is all that matters. You were saved and purchased at a great price. You were rescued from your sinful life that was leading you to the pit of hell. When you called on Jesus, He rescued you from the fire and He has given you something to really shout about. You belong to Him and have eternal life! And this life is full of the grace of God.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...