Monday 18 March 2024

Are you extrovert or introvert?

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."  2 Timothy 3:16-17   NKJV

Paul had lived a hard life and had suffered very much for his faith. Yet, he never gave up. He was a 'If you throw me over the wall, I'll only crawl back up again.' And this attitude pleased God, but not many others. Therefore, he was persecuted wherever he went and he was beaten, jailed, shipwrecked but, he never gave up. And this is the type of testimony he had passed on to Timothy, who's now making his own way with His ministry but not, forgetting the valuable training he had received from Paul.

You know, we will all suffer persecution from time to time; it may have already started for you. We may find persecution in our work, our neighbourhood, even our own family. It is everywhere. But we have to learn to live with it. How do we do this? By rising above it, not falling to the temptation to react badly. But then again, there will be times when we have to make a stand and this stand, may be costly.
Some of us may be extrovert Christians where we will think nothing of preaching on a street corner or knocking someone's door and telling them about Jesus. The introvert Christian will keep quiet about things and pray quietly but will never really take the lead. This is ok. All of us are different.
An extrovert Christian will put themselves on the frontline and the devil will have a lot of fun in firing at him. Jesus was an extrovert. Nothing was going to stop Him and the normal extrovert Christian feels the same. They want to get the job done.  

In verse 16 above, Paul writes about scripture being inspired of God. In the Greek, you probably know that the word inspired is 'God-Breathed.' And this describes the whole word of God aptly. If Jesus had to quote scripture to Satan when He was being tempted in the wilderness, then you can be sure that we need to be doing the same. The problem is, if we don't have the scriptures within us, we fall at the first hurdle. Timothy was taught  from childhood the Holy scriptures (v15) We must become fully knowledgeable in His Word and we won't achieve this without reading it - daily. I tend to avoid the modern practice of reading the scriptures on my mobile. I much prefer to have my bible in my hands where I can underline, write notes or quickly cross-reference something. I find using a phone is not as flexible and may be distracting if a call or text comes through while reading.

Each to their own, however. But whatever you do - extrovert or introvert, get stuck into your bible. It a a lifesaver

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...