Saturday 2 March 2024

'I received Your healing, but I'm still sick!

"Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean"  Matthew 8:2  NKJV 

'Does God still heal today?' Of course He does. 'Then, why am I still sick?' Two good questions of which my answer is to the latter, 'I don't know.'  Some believe that if a person is not healed, that they had little faith to receive. Others believe that God doesn't heal today, that He has provided us with hospitals, doctors and nurses and we should be going there for this need. Still others believe that lack of healing, means that there is sin in the person and that requires attention before the healing can come. This is all very confusing. I personally believe that God still heals today, I am living proof of this, healed 44 years ago from facial paralysis. However, I still have no firm answer to why some are healed and others are not. 
Let us look at this man with leprosy. Jesus had been up a mountain having time with His Father and, as He came down multitudes were following Him demanding His attention. In the commotion, a man with leprosy came up to Him. No doubt he was able to get through to Jesus because of his condition. Approaching Jesus he said, 'Lord, if you are willing, You can make me clean.' His request was short and straight to the point and he was respectful as he asked. This man had nothing, the leprosy had ruined his life so that he was an outcast with nothing to look forward to. But he mentioned nothing of this to Jesus. This got Jesus' attention and He put out His hand, touched him and said, 'I am willing; be cleansed' 
Notice that the man had to approach Jesus and ask for healing, which for a man with his condition would have been hard to do. He didn't presume that Jesus would heal Him, he just hoped. We must believe that Jesus does still heal today. If you ask for healing but don't really believe that He will, then you are unlikely to be healed. One of the big problems today, is that we go to many people asking for prayer. It is rather like we are looking for the one who will tell us the answer we are looking for. One will say something that sounds really good but when we go to another, they say something differently and the first answer is cancelled out. Asking for prayer is good but, it is far, far better to go to Jesus in humble prayer and ask Him if he will heal you, rather like the leper had done. So if you need the healing touch of Jesus, seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you  Mt 6:33.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...