Saturday 13 April 2024

Accepted by the one who matters most

"to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
7In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace"  
Ephesians 1:6-7  NKJV

Today, all over the world, people are suffering from some type of hangup from their past. It may have started when they they were young and at school - broken marriages and homes, abuse, parenting problems or a host of other things that have followed them all of their life. You may be one of them.
Try and picture the scene below and see if you identify with any of it:

'I've never been accepted really, all of my life I have been a loner, a person who finds it hard to trust other people. When I was young, I was the underdog, the after-thought. I was rubbish at sports and because I was so much of a loner, I was laughed at, and bullied. I never retaliated, just let them hit and hurt me. Some days, my school books were scattered all over the road in the pouring rain. I tried to talk to my mum and dad about it but they weren't really interested. Mum would say that I needed to stand up to them; dad thought I was useless and said I would never come to anything in life. If I cried, I was a baby. I was unloved at home and my dad often said that I was a mistake, he should have been more careful. So I have grown up not knowing how to love people, in fact, I don't even know what love is. I've always felt that I was a disappointment to everyone. Every time that I have tried to speak with people I have always felt they didn't care or didn't want to be around me, so really, I think I have given up trying. There's no point in anything'  
                                  My evidence collated from a life time experience of social work and church ministry

God's heart breaks  at the thought of this happening to His people and is just one of the reasons that Jesus gave His life on the cross to rescue people from a life time of unhappiness. If you can relate to any of the above I want you to know that, even though you may not feel it, you are accepted by the One who matters most - Jesus Christ. The world may not have recognised you at the time but, Jesus did. He has followed you all of your life and has waited for the opportunity to tell you just how much He loves you. At the time, He was longing for you to call out to Him; He would have rescued you in an instant.You may not know Jesus as your Saviour. Then again, you may have been a Christian for some time. Whatever is the case, Jesus doesn't want you going through life feeling like you do. He is reaching out to you right at this moment. He can be trusted with your heart. He will not let you down - ever.. Why don't you find a quiet place where you can just pour your heart out to Him and then afterwards, say the prayer that follows below. You are loved more than I could ever begin to let you know and you are very special. Reach out to Jesus right now!

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




 


 

 


 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...