Friday 24 May 2024

How to overcome continuing trials

Blessed [happy, spiritually prosperous, favored by God] is the man who is steadfast under trial and perseveres when tempted; for when he has passed the test and been approved, he will receive the [victor's] crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.  James 1:12  Amplified Bible

Some of us may feel that life is one long chain of trials and tribulation. This could be ill health, if not, then unemployment with endless bills to try and pay. it may be a difficult relationship, or trouble at work. There may be additional, unexpected bills, such as taking the dog or cat to the vet and being given a bill that could buy a block of flats somewhere. It seems never ending.
I was reminded of this when I was driving into town today. There was a huge lorry in front of me going very slow. After what seemed an age, I managed to drive past it only to find that I was behind a bus going even slower than the lorry. Again, I managed to drive by when the opportunity arose, only to find that every traffic light I came to, was on red. as it changed to green, the next set of lights changed to red. Now there are a lot of traffic lights in the town where we live and, as I approached each one, they changed to red. When you are in a hurry, like I was, it can be just as frustrating as having a load of continual trials.

I suddenly realised that I need to change my attitude to such things, because refusal to become worked up about such things is pleasing to God. And when we live in such a way that whatever trial or irritating things come our way, He blesses us with the Crown of Life. What is that? Well James tells us that we will be blessed, happy, spiritually prosperous and favoured by God, if we remain steadfast under trial and persevere when tempted to  become agitated and upset by things that really do not matter.
The Crown of Life refers, not to life in the future but, to life here and now, enjoyed more abundantly with greater fullness (John 10:10b).

Let's check out Psalm 5:12: 'For You O LORD, will bless the righteous; with favour You will surround him as with a shield.' The Greek word used for favour here is ratson and this 
can be described as pleasure, desire, delight and favour. "The noun ratson comes from the verb ratsa, which means "to be pleased with" or "to be favourable towards something." The Hebrew word Hesed means kindness, loving-kindness and love. 
                                                                                 Referenced from the Spirit Filled Life Bible

So therefore, when we are walking in favour, pleasing our Father, He bestows on us the Crown of Life. So we pray: 'We receive the Crown of Life and we confess today that, we are walking and living in the favour that You so kindly have given us Lord. Amen.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...