Wednesday 15 May 2024

Placing Jesus first

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness"  Matthew 6:33. NKJV

I bow my knee before Your throne
I know my life is not my own
I offer up this song of praise
To bring You pleasure Lord
I seek the giver not the gift
My heart's desire is to lift 
You high above all earthly kings
To bring You pleasure Lord
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, Glory to the King
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, Glory to the king
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Bonnie J Deuschle
I Bow My Knee lyrics © Capitol CMG Publishing

I first heard this beautiful song back in the early 90's. From the moment I heard it, I liked it and played it in worship sessions fairly regularly. The message says it all. Note the words, 'I seek the giver not the gift'. How often we put the gift first without seeking Jesus first. Without Him, we can and have nothing and yet we are prone to say, 'give us more Lord.' 
Let's be honest, a lot of our prayer life can be made up of seeking God for something instead of just, bowing the knee before His throne. Do we know that our life is not our own anymore, we gave it to Jesus that day and, Jesus received it. All the more why we should come to Him humbly. He is extremely generous, of course He is but, He longs for us to just go to him, with no hidden agenda and rest in His arms a while. He longs for us to bring Him pleasure.
A question: is your heart's desire to lift Jesus up high above earthly kings and anything else? There is no one who is as perfect or as powerful as Jesus Christ. All the more why we sing Hallelujah, glory to our king.
God gave each one of us, loved ones to keep us company, family to make us happy, a home, possibly a career in fact, a host of things. Let us focus on this for a while and then approach the Throne of Grace and seek the giver with no thought of the gift. There is no need to speak if you don't want to, just listen and spend time in His presence, giving you whatever you need.
You will be blessed, that's for sure.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...