Sunday 5 May 2024

The Sunflower Technique

"Therefore, we were buried with Him by baptism into death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too may walk in newness of life."                           Romans 6:4  CSB 

Sunflowers are enormous flowers that can grow to around 10 foot high and always bring a smile to whoever glances at them. The reason for their name is because they follow the sun. As the sun rises in the east, the Sunflower will turn its great head and point it to the east. When the sun sets in the west, the Sunflower will turn in this direction as well. As the Sunflower produces many seeds, these movements scatter their seed in their search for the sun. Thus they are very productive as they grow.

Think about this for a moment. We came to Jesus and many of us were baptised  in His name. This means as we went under the water, we died to self and was buried. As we rose out of the water, we were raised to a new life in Jesus. So, like the Sunflower follows the S-u-n, we as believers, follow the S-o-n. And as we do this, we in turn scatter seed wherever we go. We throw off new seed which results in new life.

Not that there is a lot of sunshine around at the moment, but when we arise to a new morning, we need to train our thoughts to be on Jesus, even if it is a quick, 'Morning Lord'. He appreciates every effort that we make to involve Him in our everyday lives. You may not feel like doing it, rather like you may not feel like praising on occasions. However, as you do, something happens within us, Jesus becomes elated and this, is translated over to you. You may not even notice it but, it is there.

I don't know about you but, I'm not a good 'pray-er.' I'm more of a talker and are often in conversation with Jesus as I'm walking around. I've often been caught out as I turn a corner and I am talking to someone that the other person can't see. It's not so bad these days with mobile phones and headphones. I was so lost in conversation with Him one day that I didn't realise our dog had run after another dog. I shouted him, well actually I didn't, I shouted at the top of my voice, 'JESUS.' Yes, there were a lot of people around at the time and yes, they did look at me rather strangely. I just smiled and moved on. I wanted to tell them that Jesus was the dog's name but, I thought better of it.

Whatever is your style of worship, prayer or general living with Jesus, try and make use of His wonderful presence. He has a great sense of humour and I know that He would have laughed when I called our dog, 'Jesus.' If you have never witnessed His sense of humour, then dig deeper in your relationship with Him. Look at the S-o-n everyday; follow Him, talk to Him and have a good time with Him. Believe me, He can be great fun and He can brighten up any morning!

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




 


 

 


 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...