Wednesday 22 May 2024

What sort of day are you having?

"Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations3:22-23  NKJV 

Moods may vary and fluctuate from one person to the other, we are all different.
Check this out:

LOVELY DAY  (1) It's lovely weather today; a lovely holiday; I'm having a lovely day off; We've had a lovey trip out with a lovely meal with my lovely family.
LOVELY DAY  (2) I've had a lovely day with Jesus; a lovely walk just talking to Him and enjoying His creation. God has given me a lovely life - lovely marriage, children, home and family.

Comparison

HORRIBLE DAY  (1) The weather was atrocious, never stopped raining; more bills have come in but no extra cash to pay them, it's a horrible system we live in, the garden's overgrown because of the bad weather and, I'm in a horrible job with a horrible future, living in a horrible area with horrible shops. There's no point.
HORRIBLE DAY  (2) It's a horrible time at the moment, God has let me down - why does He do this? Never answers my prayers but He does other people. They're better off than me, I'm scrimping for money - horrible. Why does He let this happen?

You may see yourself in this, I call the latter part 'The *Victor Meldrew Factor.'  The first part of this discussion concentrates on gratefulness to God for all that He gives us. The second part considers the consequences of leaving God out of our life. Jeremiah, who is considered the author of this book, saw one ray of hope in all of the mayhem and sin that surrounded him, 'The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; God's mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning, new every morning; great is Your faithfulness O LORD, great is Your faithfulness.'  (Edith McNeill)

God's Word teaches us that when we feel unlovely, we remain beautiful to Him. We can do nothing to change any of this; this is why God is Love. This, if we allow it to, can give us the confidence to realise that, although things in our life may look horrible, in God's eyes, they are lovely and, if they are not, by seeking Him He will change this for us. We need to remember this. Jeremiah wrote in 3:21 This I recall to mind, therefore I have hope.'

Do you have faith in God? Do you believe that He is trustworthy, reliable and loving towards us. Or do you belong to the 'Victor Meldrew Factor' (Latter part), questioning whether God will be there for you or let you down -  again. The bible tells us that He will help us when we seek Him (Jeremiah 29:13). 

So there you have your answer, God is merciful to us and greets us with compassion every morning that we open our eyes. His faithfulness towards us, knows no end. He will never fail you as long as you seek Him with all of your heart.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2


* Victor Meldrew is a character from a long running English series 'One foot in the grave'. He is a grumpy, moaning old man that never sees any good in anything


 


 

 


 









 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...