Tuesday 21 May 2024

You're not alone!

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
                                                                                Isaiah 41:10  NKJV

There are a lot of lonely people in our world and, many of them are Christians. Some of these are loners, they prefer their own company - for a time. But after a while, they too feel the pangs of loneliness.
Charles F Stanley wrote: 'At some point, each of us will face circumstances that cause anxiety. When we do, we must remember we are God's children. We have the power to overcome fear when we apply His Word to our lives - remembering that He is always with us and will never fail or forsake us.'  Life Principles Bible - Dr Charles F Stanley p1095

When we have a wife or husband, we can share fears and worries that crop up and encourage each other with what God says about it. It can be the same with good, reliable friends. But when we are alone we are left with just ourselves to think the circumstance through. This is where a good solid relationship with Jesus can be a life-saver. Look at what the scripture above tells us: "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God.' God doesn't want us to be afraid or dismayed. All of that can lead to depression if we can find no way through it all. God firmly tells us that He is with us, He is our God.

One can feel lonely within a marriage or relationship. Loneliness can also reign within a crowded room, even a church. On a crowded street, we may see couples who are hand in hand doing their shopping, eating in restaurants or pubs. They all seem so happy. And when we witness this, loneliness can really take over. And yet, we can be so good in hiding the hurt from others - putting on a brave face. People may never know how we're feeling, unless we are brave enough to tell them. The thing is, have we the courage to speak to them about our loneliness? Will they become bored by our negativity? 'The last thing I need is to feel worse than I am already,'  you may think.

So, this may be the time when you look at God's Word - deeply. He never lies, you may know that already, and in scriptures like above He gives an offer to go to Him and pour out your loneliness. He is the one that really knows how you feel. He is the one that cares enough to listen, advise and offer the encouragement that you need. If you allow yourself to get really close to Jesus, you will never feel lonely again. He is your friend - the finest an most faithful friend you will ever find on our planet. He can help you through your loneliness, He can change things, bring new people into your life if you want this. 
Whatever is happening in your life at this time, He is your answer to it. He can show the way or even create a way that was not there before. He is definitely the one to speak to.
SO WHY NOT DO IT!

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...