Sunday 2 June 2024

Facing Adversity

"Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labour of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls - 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation." Habakkuk 3:17.18. NKJV

Habakkuk was mourning the events of the invasion by the Babylonians. They had lost practically everything and yet, he was able to pray the above prayer. He was waiting patiently for God to take action against the invaders. He was quiet and refused to make a fuss about their situation. He trusted His God.
Sometimes, we must too, be quiet and patient as we give God the room to work on our behalf. It is not easy, I know but, in the face of adversity, it is the only way through the situation safely. Habakkuk had the attitude that said,'Whatever happens, I will still praise God. He is my strength.' v19.

Facing adversity such as this, we need to focus on Jesus because, He is taking us to the next level. Therefore, be careful what you say because in such moments the devil, who is your accuser, will suggest to God that you have been cursing God, and other people and you've had enough and want to die; anything to get out of this situation. Remember, Satan is not a friend, never has been and never will be. He is out to get you so, don't make it easier for him. He is a liar, a thief and the accuser of the brethren. Be wise, don't try to take him on in your own strength. Jesus is right beside you, let Him fight for you, and He will.

The word 'joy' in verse 18 is a Greek word that means gil (geel). To joy, rejoice, be glad, be joyful. Gil contains the suggestion of 'dancing for joy,' or 'leaping for joy,' since the verb originally meant 'to spin around with intense joy.' God dances for joy over His people and over their praise through difficult times. He loves to hear this praise and it encourages Him to come and help us and rescue us.

At the moment, you may be going through great battles and wondering why and how long it will last. I can't answer these questions for you but, I can tell you that what is happening to you, has happened to many other Christians throughout our world, and like them, you will come through this stronger and more blessed. As difficult as it may be, begin to joy (Gil) and as you are dancing and praising God, you just may feel Jesus doing the same. He is with you. I promise!

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...