Saturday 22 June 2024

Watch the Dream-Killers

"(Abraham) who contrary to hope, in hope believed."  Romans 4:18  NKJV 

When God spoke faith to Abraham, he believed - contrary to whatever else people may have said to him, even his own wife. Abraham believed and he was rewarded for his faith.
Please, watch out for the Dream-Killers. You've all probably seen them. Most are genuine enough but they have one thing in common; to stop your doing what you believe is the right thing to do. This may be a family member, a friend or even a leader in a church. It could also be your boss, doctor or someone that you have trusted for years. As I've said, they may be generally concerned that you don't make a mistake but also. there may be an ulterior motive and this could be jealousy.

Just what is a Dream-Killer? It is someone who robs you of your confidence. Abraham did not consider the natural things around him. Therefore, don't consider your limitations. Supernatural hope will overcome natural hope every time. You have just got to stay focused on this hope, don't forget there is a thief about as John 10:10 shows us: 'The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may it more abundantly.' Satan knows how to push the buttons that wind you up. He is the joy robber - the dream-killer and he will stop you anyway he can.

Just check the first part of this verse. Just three words say it all 'Steal, Kill and Destroy.' Think of what someone may be telling you at this time. 'You can't do this, it's too much for you.' Or what about, 'Don't say I didn't tell you.' These words together with whatever else is said, are enough to make you lose you confidence. I remember when I first enrolled for university, yes it was a big step but I thought that I would receive some encouragement. Instead, it was all negative comments. I determined that I would succeed at Uni and once qualified, I would throw a  'For all those who said I couldn't do it' party and invite them all. 

People may mean well but, if you listen too hard at all the reasons why your shouldn't do a particular thing, then you will never do it. And that is wrong. If you are certain that God is telling you to do something, then be sensible and weigh it up, but once you are sure then go ahead and do it. If you don't you may regret it later.

Has God mentioned something to you? Something He would like you to carry out? What are you going to do about it? The longer you leave it, the more confused you will become. Seek God until that beating of the heart begins and when it does, you will know what to do. I promise.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out












No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...