Friday 21 June 2024

Watch the scams

"Therefore, be wise as serpents and harmless as doves."  Matthew 10:16  NKJV 

Wherever we look today, there is a scam going on. It becomes very difficult to know who is genuine and who is a fraud. These people are skilled in their art of misleading and robbing people. I have written several books over the years https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/Grahame-Howard/author/B00356R978?ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true
and from time to time people contact me for updates. The other day I received an email from an agent from Barnes & Nobles - a major book seller and publisher. This lady wanted to know if I still hold the copyright for a particular book and would I like to receive a lucrative opportunity to place this title in 600 book stores worldwide. Initially, I felt this indeed could be a good deal but then, I felt God saying, "Therefore, be wise as serpents and harmless as doves." This brought me to my senses and after doing a few checks, I found out that there is a scam going on around certain companies. I therefore, reported the email and will take it no further.
Now if I had not been wise and avoided God's voice, this 'lucrative opportunity' could have ended costing me a small fortune. These scam artists are everywhere and there's not an hour of the day where people are losing their money. So be careful and make sure you don't rush into something no matter how wonderful it may seem. 

A snake is a crafty reptile and hides and waits for the right moment to attack it's prey. It has four characteristics: (1) A deadly tongue, (2) Crawls into situations, (3) Lies and waits and (4) Strikes and bites. When you think about it, scammers are no different, they also have these characteristics. But also, the snake is wise and sensible and it is prudent. They watch out for themselves and are aware of those who don't have it's best interests at heart. 

Be wise and ready for the unexpected. Remember, your enemy, the devil walks around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. That unexpected telephone call when you're distracted with busy-ness, can be costly if you fall into their trap of over-speaking. Even though you may be ex-directory, they can still get hold of you so, don't take a day off being sensible. You may regret it. 

Also watch the ads on Facebook and Instagram. They have so many wonderful deals to offer us but, once some of them get their hands on you, they can clear your bank account out in a moment. I could go on for hours here but, thank God that Jesus has our back. He knew about such things over 2000 years ago. This is why we need to be conversant in His Word. It is our road map to life.

Be wise in all you do. Don't rush into things without praying things through. Don't be fooled by a sweet-talking person who wants to save you money. They don't - they're after yours. So be careful.

Have a scam-free day

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...