Friday 28 June 2024

What is God saying to you?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”  Isaiah 6:8   NKJV

God speaks to us; do you agree? If you do, what has He been saying to you just lately? Perhaps you have been wondering if it actually was God who spoke to you or, just your internal thinking. After-all, we all have minds that can wander all over the place, but if you are a deep thinker, you may hear what you don't want to hear. How? Well, let's take a look at Isaiah 6. We witness God in v8 in  conversation. Who was He in conversation with? Why did He say, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?' Well, obviously in the first part, He, Himself was speaking, But who to? We get our answer in the next part. He uses the term 'Us'. Notice the capitol 'U,' He would have been speaking to the Trinity - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. So the conversation figured around calling Isaiah to act as a spokesperson to the nation of Israel. However, God or Adonai as He was here, initially didn't speak directly to Isaiah but, He knew that He was in the vicinity and listening. God knew His heart. And He knows yours too. Isaiah heard God saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us.' And he felt in his heart that he should volunteer himself here. 'Here am I. Send me.' And he was recruited that day. He made the decision.

How would you handle this type of thing? Would you jump straight in and volunteer, or would you hold back and wait to see if someone else did first? In church, the preacher nearly always gives the opportunity for us to raise our hands for prayer of some kind. Are you the type of person who shoots their hand up straightaway, or do you wait and look around to see who is responding first and then decide? The thing is, do you ever go forward when you know God is calling you to? At times such as these it can seem like your backside has been glued to the chair. You just can't (or won't) move. When you feel this way there is a need to force the situation and go to the front. So, if God is saying that He needs someone to do a particular job for Him, are you likely to volunteer your services or will you leave it for someone else?

What is God saying to you at this time? Have you turned down an opportunity to serve Him and you feel so guilty? If so, then repent and ask Him to give you another chance. Don't go through your life wishing that you had taken God up on His offer. It's never too late if you are serious. He will give you your chance but, make sure that you do it this time. Opportunities to serve God are a privilege that many want to do but never get the chance. So if He is calling you, it must be something you are qualified to do. Think about it.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...