Sunday 4 August 2024

Have you a future and a hope?

"For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the LORD, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12Then you will call on Me and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear [your voice] and I will listen to you. 13Then [with a deep longing] you will seek Me and require Me [as a vital necessity] and [you will] find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.14I will be found by you,’ says the LORD, ‘and I will restore your fortunes and I will [free you and] gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,’ says the LORD, ‘and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile."   Jeremiah 29:11-14   Amplified Study Bible

As born again, children of God, we have a future and a hope. It's hard to realise that when you are going through all sorts of trials and pain. But it is true because, quite simply, God cannot lie. But He gives us some direction here - we must seek Him with our whole heart. We'll look at that in a moment but let's look at what God wants to give us in our future. Well it is made up of peace and security. Well-being is uppermost in God's mind for each of us. He loves us so, He will want us healthy and happy. If we're not, what is the point of having a future and what is the point of searching for Him with our whole heart? Answer, none.

But God tells us to call on Him and He will hear our voice. We achieve this by prayer and, constant prayer not only occasionally. He promises that He will hear us He doesn't promise that He will do anything at this stage, and this is important to remember. He does though, promise that He will listen. When we begin to achieve a deep longing to seek God, we will find Him. He says in verse 13 that as we search for Him as a vital necessity, He will be found. This means, we search for Him wholeheartedly.

When we do find Him in such a way, He will restore our fortunes. Now this could be anything, not necessarily money and fine living. After all, God is worth far more than any of this. Incidentally, this is how we achieve deep intimacy with God when, we pray and search for Him in such a way.  But how long this will be we don't know, but it will happen!  
The main thing is, if we search for Him in this manner, we will find Him, He promises this. The word 'search' v13 along with the phrase 'with all your heart' suggests an earnestness that borders on desperation. Because, let's face it, many is the time when we are desperate to seek and find Him.
The wonderful thing about all of this is, He has made Himself available to find. His door is open and He hears when we call to Him. The rest is down to us to wait while He checks His plan out for us. Then He will answer..

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...