Sunday 18 August 2024

'One thing I know' Part 2

"8Therefore the neighbours and those who previously had seen that he was blind said, “Is not this he who sat and begged?”    John 9:8  NKJV

Let's look further at our study of the man born blind. Jesus met with this man and anointed his eyes with saliva and dirt to form a clay. Probably not the most ideal of remedies as far as we're concerned but Jesus had a plan, He always does. Some believe that this method of preparation  emphasised the man's blindness and our lost condition before we receive the touch of God. But this is only supposition. 

The Pool of Siloam was a reservoir in Jerusalem which had supplied water through to King Hezekiah's underground tunnel from a spring outside of the city 2 Kings 20:20. And to this pool, the blind man was sent to wash in the water. He went but he needed no help in returning, because he could see.

Now the lesson here is not the clay or the pool of Siloam having any special qualities or power, but, the man's obedience to Jesus. No task is insignificant if the Lord commands it; and let us not forget, that this blind man had never met Jesus before. He went totally on faith and trust. Jerry Vines says:
'We find a vivid parallel here with spiritual sight. When God's Spirit works in our hearts, for the very first time we see clearly the Father's love for us. We are no longer blinded to His grace being poured out all over our lives.'  Jerry Vines - The Vines Expository Bible

The change that Jesus makes in a person's life is amazing and people notice this. We may look the same but others see a difference and this is Jesus. People are looking for what we have even if they don't know it at that particular time. See what the people were saying about this man after he had washed in the pool:

8Therefore the neighbours and those who previously had seen that he was blind said, “Is not this he who sat and begged?” 9Some said, “This is he.” Others said, “He is like him.” He said, “I am he.” 10Therefore they said to him, “How were your eyes opened?” 11He answered and said, “A Man called Jesus made clay and anointed my eyes and said to me, ‘Go to the pool of Siloam and wash.’ So I went and washed, and I received sight.”12Then they said to him, “Where is He?”He said, “I do not know.”   John 9:8-12

'One thing I know' is, Jesus can make a huge difference in any person's life if they will only trust and follow Him. 

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...