Tuesday 31 March 2020

Coronavirus - on Jesus, I lean and rely

"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I (confidently) trust!"  Psalm 91:2.  Amplified Bible

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I bring yet again a verse from Psalm 91. I last gave you this Psalm on 17th March, but this is different and we all need to hear it. It's a living word and what we need to bring us through this plague - the Coronavirus.

Check out the phrases, 'I lean,' Rely,' and 'I confidently trust.' Let's look at these in a little more depth:

LEAN
Proverbs 3:5 says, 'Lean on, trust in and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.'
To lean on someone or something means to 'Support yourself.' Many times we need to do this and the going can be a tough one, as it is now. We need to submit things to Him then slowdown and wait. We need to make sure we have a sense of peace to go along with the plans and ideas we have in mind. 
Jesus is our greatest friend. He is the one we can lean on in times of trouble. He is always with us, just waiting for us to engage in conversation with Him or ask Him for direction. We can trust Him, which at this time of uncertainty with Covid-19, is very much needed. We are hearing so many things and it can be overwhelming and confusing. But Jesus is a solid rock of love and certainty. We can trust in Him and be confident that he will support us through the days and weeks ahead.
RELY
The means to depend on with full trust or confidence. To place our faith in someone or something. If you're relying on the world, it will let you down. The only one that can be truly relied on is Jesus Christ. he is the answer to this virus. He has the answer and he will give us the victory over it. He can be relied on.
CONFIDENTLY TRUST
Ask yourself this question: 'Do I fully trust in Jesus; am I confident that he will bring me and my family through this time of uncertainty? If you can answer yes to this, you are on to a winner. To the world, there is uncertainty but to Born Again believers of the Lord Jesus Christ, we have a certainty - a confidence, a full biblical hope that He will keep us safe and deliver us. For us, there is nothing to fear. He will be with us in trouble (Psalm 91:15) and no plague shall come near to your dwelling, (Pslam 91:10).

Jesus Christ is our refuge and our fortress; there is nothing to fear. If we have called on Him and set our love upon Him, He will deliver us (Psalm 91:14). Many unbelievers are going to realise this as the days go on. There is going to be a great outpouring of God's Spirit as they call on the Lord Jesus for help in their time of need. Thousands are going to be saved, but sadly, many more will die because of their unbelief. That's the way it is.

But make this your exclamation right now:

 'But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.' (Joshua 24:15)

As you make this statement, decide that from this moment on, you will lean on Jesus, rely on Him and be confident in His love for you.

Copyright 2020 Grahame Howard

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...