Tuesday 1 September 2020

Paradise Part 2

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."   2 Corinthians 12:7-10   NKJV

Following Paul's amazing revelation of Paradise, three times he pleaded with God to help him with something he described as a messenger of satan - a Thorn in the Flesh. He said that this was sent to buffet him. We don't know what this was and many have tried to speculate but all to no avail. What we do know, is that it was an intense, wearying difficulty or afflction. Paul was not delivered from this and again, this raises many questions of, why not? Many scholars believe that God allowed this so that Paul might avoid being exalted above measure by the abundance of this revelation. (v7).

Instead of being disappointed or frustrated over this, Paul accepted it, realising that because he had been on such an amazing journey to Paradise, that God was right, he could so easily begin to boast about it all. God allowed it - Paul accepted it.

Paul said in v10, 'Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.' I like The Message version of this text, 'I just let God take over. I quit focusing on the handicap and begin appreciating the gift. The weaker I get, the stronger I become.'

This may account for the times when some people's prayers go unanswered. We pray endlessly and yet, we do not seem to get a breakthrough on the request we are making - or like Paul, the pleading. It may be that God wants the individual/s to accept His grace instead. It is food for thought and may bring a freedom to the anxiety of it all.

Whatever, we need to realise that when we are at our weakest point, God is always stronger and has the answer that will see us through. As we can see in this passage, at times we have to accept that God is in charge and knows best. Things can begin to get on top of us some times though, and this is when we need to say, 'God, I can't do this, I really need Your help.' 

You may have a disability that without a miracle, will not go away. But this is the time when you need to let your relationship with Jesus completely take over. It's not easy to live with a disability, believe me, I know. But God gives us the strength to climb mountains, to conquer giants and to do all things through Jesus.

Don't let any 'Thorn,' prevent you from praising and walking with God. Shout praises and strength will come. Feel sorry for yourself and nothing will happen. We have to stand. Remember, 'The weaker I get, the stronger I become.' Quit focusing on the problem and appreciate all that God gives you. And it will seem like, another day in Paradise!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...